[udig-devel] Organization and use of svn

Mauricio Pazos wrote:
Well, I think we need change our repository strategy. We are working in axios internal repository and publish some snapshot (release) in the community svn, but now we need share our work with other developer.
Oh can you commit; since I am hacking your community plug-in and don't want to duplicate work.
I was thinking to use the udig repository as main repository and maintain in axios some snapshot. Then we will reply to the changes in short time. The question is: Is this the better time to change our strategy? (I know the people are working to improve the repository)
I think it would be fine; when GeoTools finishes graduation we will either move to codehaus or osgeo hardware. The uDig repository will stay where it is (and hopefully upgrade svn versions).

What is difficult for me is:
branches/1.1.x/community - is this used?
branches/1/1.x/trunk - udig 1.1.x
community/axios/udig-extentions/trunk - 1.1.x code
community/axios/udig-extentions/branches/1.2.x - trunk code here
trunk/ udig trunk

I think I would like to have a consistent story for community; Axios is the first plugin to try and work on 1.1.x and trunk so we need your input.
Jody

Back to the top