Re: [udig-devel] Create feature in postgis

There is a somewhat hidden way of creating a layer directly in postGIS. However I believe there is a bug that hasn't been fixed. If the FeatureType has a String attribute it tries to make a field that has a limit of Integer.MAX_VALUE. Which postgis doesn't like. But you can play with this functionality:

1. Import your Postgis into the catalog
2. Select the Postgis service (not GeoResource) in the catalog
3. Right click Select Operations>Create Feature Type

Voila a new feature type is created.  Add it to a map and start editing.

Jesse