Re: [udig-devel] BIRT Charts and Integration ideas

At 20:37 03/12/2007, Jody Garnett wrote:
If you would like to "out" your work thus far as a community plugin I will schedule a code reivew and so forth for the uDig 1.2 development stream.

I'm happy to do that.  It'll certainly need some review and cleanup.

I am excited it is great to see the community plugin idea work out. Your company would still have (c) in the headers; but it would be great if you were happy with an LGPL license (so things do not get any more confusing for other developers).

Since I was obliged to copy/paste some large chunks of code from BIRT's chart report element, the license may have to be EPL - but I'm not too up on those details.

Since we ship uDig with a custom JRE and have the settings under our control the PermSpace requirement should not slow us down.

Indeed.

Vince.

Back to the top