[udig-devel] A release for testing

Hi all,

I have put a version of uDig online.  But am not officially releasing it because I made 2 changes I would like you to help me test, I've a big deadline looming this week so help will get this release out quicker.

1.  I made the map's CRS be determined by the first layer added.  This is a major change however so I would like help testing.
2.  I fixed the scale so that it is accurate.  However it required a lot of work and also the layers view check to see if the layer is within scale so this method is call A LOT!
3.  Zoom to layer now takes the scale into account so if the layer is only visible at certain scales it will zoom to that scale.

These change are bug fixes that have been requested for ever but are also directly affect the user's experience so they need to be properly tested.

Hopefully these links work.  If not they are all in http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/

As you probably noticed the SDK is also there so feel free to take it for a drive.  Also these are not packaged so they require a JRE from another uDig (or one with jai and image io correctly installed).  If running from the command line the argument -vm path_to_jre can be used to indicate which jre to use.

Thanks for you help,

Jesse

Back to the top