Re: [udig-devel] A release for testing

Hi Jesse,

I've just tried the RC13 and I found this issue:

When adding the layer the CRS is recognized properly (2065 in my case), but then when switching to another CRS (WGS84) the
coordinates goes wild and the view port is switched badly. After executing "zoom to layer" the layer is displayed right again and correctly in WGS84.
Probably this is not critical but little bit inconvenience.
The scale works fine for me. I'm Looking forward to RC13 :)

Cheers,
Jan.

> Od: jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Komu: User-friendlyDesktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Datum: 04.12.2007 06:28
> Předmět: [udig-devel] A release for testing
>
>Hi all,
>
>I have put a version of uDig online.  But am not officially releasing  it
because I made 2 changes I would like you to help me test, I've a  big
deadline looming this week so help will get this release out  quicker.

>1.  I made the map's CRS be determined by the first layer added.  This
is a major change however so I would like help testing.
>2.  I fixed the scale so that it is accurate.  However it required a  lot
of work and also the layers view check to see if the layer is  within scale
so this method is call A LOT!
>3.  Zoom to layer now takes the scale into account so if the layer is
only visible at certain scales it will zoom to that scale.

>These change are bug fixes that have been requested for ever but are
also directly affect the user's experience so they need to be properly
tested.

http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/

>udig-1.1-RC13-test-sdk.linux.gtk.x86.zip
>udig-1.1-RC13-test-sdk.linux.gtk.x86_64.zip
>udig-1.1-RC13-test-sdk.macosx.carbon.x86.zip
>udig-1.1-RC13-test-sdk.win32.win32.x86.zip
>
>udig-1.1-RC13-test.linux.gtk.x86.zip
>udig-1.1-RC13-test.linux.gtk.x86_64.zip
>udig-1.1-RC13-test.macosx.carbon.x86.zip
>udig-1.1-RC13-test.win32.win32.x86.zip
>

>As you probably noticed the SDK is also there so feel free to take it
for a drive.  Also these are not packaged so they require a JRE from
another uDig (or one with jai and image io correctly installed).  If
running from the command line the argument -vm path_to_jre can be used  to
indicate which jre to use.