Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 10:42 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just think we should start wit 3.x ASAP to get rid of the old stuff
and have enough time to find real regressions/problems and also some of
the refactoring will take some time.

If moving to 3.x reduce the ability to release, it's a concern...
Sure, we fix regressions; but there will always be more refactorings to do, we cannot claim that "we've done every possible desired refactoring", and I don't think we should wait for that to release 3.x.
So one question would be, what about just removing and refactoring stuff in current master, even if it's 2.7? What are the changes that make some of those changes more breaking than usual? (we need to discuss it for each change on each PR).

Back to the top