From: tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 11:10 AM
To: Ed Merks
Subject: Re: [tools-pmc] RE: [ve-dev] Contribution on VE with XML editor

Ed, Doug,
How about if we are "flexible" on the rules and allow VE to be incubating while having a version number > 1.0 ? As long as VE doesn't make a release (M.N) without clearing the incubation state and as long as they follow the rest of the incubation labeling rules (the egg, the "incubating" in file and feature names, etc.) ??

- Bjorn

Ed Merks wrote:

 It doesn't seem
reasonable for VE to go back to incubating since that would involve
reseting the version numbers back to below 1.0;

--
[end of message]

Back to the top