Re: [photran] Issues with Photran 4.0 beta 3 parsing.

Hi,

3) There seems to be some confusion about the use of semi-colons to separate statements, which I thought was allowed under the Fortran 90 definition. The following generates a syntax error, but I don't think it should.

I have had the same problem (I split the lines to avoid the ";" and it was OK). This Pb does not occur when the compiler is used with a command line in a terminal so that it does not seem to be related to the compiler.

4) I'm also getting an "Unexpected end of input" error after an END statement that terminates a subroutine. I'd post the whole sub, but it's about 460 lines!
I also had this one.
This came from the fact that my code was at some time corrected in Visual Fortran on a PC, so that for each new line after an indented line, Visual Fortran used tabulation marks to get at the same column as in the previous line. When I changed the tabs for the proper amount of blank characters, evrything was working again (but the transformation was painful (even using the built in replace command)).

5) One other thing seems odd: In the outline view, when I click on the error it doesn't zoom the editor to the offending line. I'm running this on a Mac running Leopard, maybe this is a Leopard thing?
Likewise, if I double-click in the outline view it just goes back to the top of the file + when I double click on an error statement in the console view it does not open the source file at the right place. However, when I double click on a line in the "Problems" tab, then (at least under Linux) it works and jumps at the right position opening the editor view of the source file if necessary.

--

Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top