[photran] request: install for quiche-eaters

Hi!

I recently stumbled into Photran and I get the impression that this package
can save me a lot of work. It could save me and others even more work if
there were a full installation that not only installs Photran, but also the
utilities called by Photran: jre, gdb, g95, gfortran, mingw, mkmf, msys and
so on. In this way, someone who is starting a career in fortran from
scratch, could directly get full power from Photran. Now getting it all
downloaded, assembled and integrated in Photran seems to be an art. Also:
once I have installed it all and got it working on 1 pc, I am sure that I
want to put the same thing on my pc at home, on our laptop, on a colleagues
pc etc.

--> Question: can someone please make an automatic Photran installer for
MingW that includes installation of the relevant compiler(s), debugger, and
other utilities? I know I am lazy, but you will gain so much credit from
new users if you have an easier, full installation!

DISCLAIMER:  http://www.rivm.nl/disclaimer.htm

Back to the top