Re: [egit-dev] Re: [jgit-dev] egit.eclipse.org now running smart HTTP

Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Do we have an open bugzilla for the gitweb jgit replacement?
>
> Anyway here's an example of a very crude log from a year and half
> ago.
>
> 	<git:repository gitDir="<%= request.getParameter("dir") %>">
> 		<git:revwalk start="HEAD">
> 			<%
> 			Commit c = repo.mapCommit(objectId.copy());
> 			out.println("Author:" + c.getAuthor());
> 			%>
> 		</git:revwalk>
> 	</git:repository>

Today we'd probably want to do this by extending GitServlet and
adding additional suffix paths to handle different renderings,
basically similar to gitweb with path info enabled.  Because then
we pick up the RepositoryResolver for free and get the Repository
object as a request attribute.

I'm not a fan of JSP... but yea, we should look for this web UI to
be built on something really simple that is easy to distribute and
install into a container.  JSP does fit that bill, but there's also
a few other web UI tools available that we could build on.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top