So it's not Java 11 that will be LTS, but some specific implementations.

Btw, IBM already announced they plan to offer free LTS support for Eclipse OpenJ9 11.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

El jue., 29 mar. 2018 20:07, Niklas Mehner <niklas.mehner@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
Should this not be Java 11 instead of Java 10 for 3.0? 10 is not a long term supported version. Java 10 EOL is already in September (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html ).

Best regards,
  Niklas

I think it would be a good thing to use Java 10 for 3.0 and Java 8 for 2.2. The reason is that people would think they can drop-in 2.2 where currently 2.1 runs -- which is Java EE 8 containers.

-Markus

From: jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaxrs-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Kaltepoth
Sent: Donnerstag, 29. März 2018 07:28
To: jaxrs developer discussions
Subject: [jaxrs-dev] Java version

Hi all,

I'm currently preparing the Travis CI configuration. As part of that, we have to decide against which java versions we want to run the build. Please note that we can run multiple builds against different versions in parallel.

I just had a look at the pom and I'm a bit confused about this part. If I read it correctly, the source code version is basically set to the version of the executing JDK. Does this make sense? It seems a bit weird. Isn't the source (and target) version usually the minimum Java version supported?

Christian