From:        Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/25/2020 11:41
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] XML namespace under Jakarta
Sent by:        jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 5:29 PM Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't see any content currently under the https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/static/xml/ns/jakartaee directory, in fact even the xml subdirectory does not exist.

That is because there are no schemas published yet. The first would have to create the folder. I didn't want to put a placeholder there just to create the directory. When the first schema is published, it will be there.

It would be good if there was a staging directory for this under the https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/ project root, say xml/ns/jakartaee, so that the CI jobs that are creating staging artifacts could populate a central directory for validation. A platform release could then simply do a single PR to update the website one the release if approved.

That's an excellent idea! What do others think? Should we do it that way?

Ivar