Re: [glassfish-dev] Tracking usage data for EE4J working group CI cloud systems

Hi,

Just some other comment, when GF fails to start up during those tests for https://ci.eclipse.org/glassfish/view/GlassFish/job/glassfish_build-and-test-using-jenkinsfile there's no exception whatsoever in the logs. Those exceptions you report may possibly be of a different issue entirely.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 11:41 PM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/1/20 3:50 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

> On 10/1/20 12:34 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
>>

>> On 10/1/20 12:04 PM, arjan tijms wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A few remarks here: just repeating the startup of GF doesn't seem to
>>> work. The test jobs for the GF build themselves already do that. It
>>> repeats the entire test 3 times. I've never ever seen it work after
>>> the second or third repeat.
>>
>> Are you seeing the same
>> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/issues/23191 (GF server.log
>> contains `Server shutdown initiated`)?
>
> Note that the issue actual does contain the server --verbose output via
> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish/files/5130976/verboselogs.txt
>
> 1.  What does the java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> Lorg/glassfish/flashlight/MonitoringRuntimeDataRegistry failure mean?
>
> 2.  Is the MonitoringRuntimeDataRegistry.class missing from a classpath?
>
> 3.  I tried -Dorg.glassfish.startupThreadPolicy=USE_NO_THREADS in
> glassfish/domains/domain1/config/domain.xml but that didn't seem to make
> a difference (nor did `rm -rf glassfish/domains/domain1/osgi-cache`).
>
> 4.  In the email thread, one of the last comments was from Steve via
> https://www.eclipse.org/lists/glassfish-dev/msg00514.html:
> "
> It's strange that it thinks it needs to update the bundles.
> "
>
> I did confirm that GlassFish5 still works fine on my local machine.
>
> Any other suggestions of what to try?

5. internal-api.jar contains the
org.glassfish.flashlight.MonitoringRuntimeDataRegistry class that we get
the NoClassDefFoundError failure for.

monitoring-core.jar depends on the
org.glassfish.flashlight.MonitoringRuntimeDataRegistry class which if
accessed through the monitoring-core.jar would likely be okay, since
monitoring-core.jar contains MANFEST.MF with internal-api.jar included
in the Class-Path.

However, given that we see a java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Lorg/glassfish/flashlight/MonitoringRuntimeDataRegistry that is followed
by GlassFish 6 terminating, does that mean the wrong classpath is used
sometimes due to a race condition?

https://gist.github.com/scottmarlow/0e0ce78a9da4519b416a63490eecdd06
contains the MANIFEST.MF contents for both internal-api.jar +
monitoring-core.jar.

Scott