Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Until and unless a new composite is provided the upgrade feature won't be available

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 at 14:48, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2020, at 20:38, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ... just put them in your project repo is fine. Then have a CI job copy them to the download server in the right place.

Done.

https://download.eclipse.org/embed-cdt/releases/6.0/

What's next?

You can enable those lines in p2.inf with the composite URL. That will mean that users will get updates on check for updates to any new releases included in the composite. Very useful way to roll out a bug fix release :-)

And what is the relationship between this composite site and the existing non-composite p2 update sites (/updates/v6 and /updates/v6-test)?

None.

Where will the link to the composite site be included, and who will use it?

In the p2.inf or anywhere it is documented.

Currently the link to the non-composite site (/updates/v6) is included in all project features p2.inf files, and here go users when upgrading the project.

Well in that case you can just make the /update/v6 the composite instead of releases/6.0.

We still have time to change this, if needed.

Yes.

Regards,

Liviu