Re: [ee4j-community] Use of javax.* in new EE4J projects

On 2017-11-04 10:08 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
You can't remove the Oracle copyright.

Giorgio Desideri wrote on 11/04/2017 01:49 AM:
Hi,

I think if we want satisfy the desire to include the JCache inside EE4J, the questions to raise are: - how many big / how much is the effort to rename packages, "remove Oracle copyright", and apply inside EE4J ?

Another way to put this, is there is no reason to "remove Oracle copyright". All Eclipse Foundation projects are made available under open source licenses, but the copyright remains owned by the authors or their employers.

People sometimes mistakenly think that open sourcing a piece of code requires removing the owners' copyright. That is simply incorrect. So if JCache wanted to move to EE4J there is no reason to remove any existing copyright notices.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top