Re: [ee4j-community] Use of javax.* in new EE4J projects

Hi,

I think if we want satisfy the desire to include the JCache inside EE4J, the questions to raise are:
- how many big / how much is the effort to rename packages, "remove Oracle copyright", and apply inside EE4J ?
- this time for changes can be suitable for changes inside the current JCP ?

If the AND of the both answers is TRUE or 1, can be scheduled, otherwise not, good for next release

Thanks

Doct. Giorgio Desideri

Skype:
                  kallsu82
Linkedin:               http://www.linkedin.com/pub/giorgio-desideri/7/a5a/176

PGP-Public Key
:   4096R/E8B659C4
PGP Fingerprint:    52C8 09E5 346B A2EE E210  2399 073A 778E E8B6 59C4

-----
"If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is"  (J. von Neumann)

"Il saggio coltiva Linux, perché sà che Window$ si pianta da solo !"

This sentence

Any API that continues to evolve through the JCP can continue to use javax.* package names as it always has.

means that if

the process has changed from JCP to the yet unnamed and to be formed Eclipse Community Process.

we have to change the package names, even for existing specifications which are continued under the Eclipse Foundation?

Or do I read this wrong?

Backwards compatibility is in my eyes THE most important thing about Java and Java EE and that seems to be sacrificed lately.

Rudy