Re: [ee4j-community] Use of javax.* in new EE4J projects

Rudy De Busscher wrote on 11/04/2017 12:41 AM:
This sentence

Any API that continues to evolve through the JCP can continue to use javax.* package names as it always has.

means that if

the process has changed from JCP to the yet unnamed and to be formed Eclipse Community Process.

we have to change the package names, even for existing specifications which are continued under the Eclipse Foundation?

Or do I read this wrong?
You read this wrong.

As I said:
We're still working out the rules for existing JCP specs that want to evolve outside of the JCP.
That doesn't mean you have to change, and that doesn't mean you don't have to change.  It only means we haven't decided how to handle this yet.  We're still working on it so stay tuned...

And yes, we understand the value of compatibility.

Back to the top