[eclipse.org-members-committers] 2012 Eclipse Foundation Board Elections

All,

Once again it is almost time to elect[1] representatives* for the Eclipse Foundation Board of Directors[2].

The number of seats available will be based on the number of strategic members as of December 31, 2011. As of the moment, there will be three elected Committer representatives and three elected Sustaining Member representatives on next year's board. The terms of office are from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.

The Eclipse Foundation's Bylaws changed in 2011, and one of those changes was to how the Committer Representatives are elected. In prior years, the votes of all committers who worked for the same Member company were collapsed into a single vote. From now on, each committer's vote stands on its own. In order to ensure diversity, there are rules preventing too many nominees coming from any one organization. We think this is a significant improvement, and look forward to the results!

Key Dates:

•         January 16, 2012: Nominations open. To nominate someone, simply send an email to elections@xxxxxxxxxxx.

•         February 2, 2012: Nominations close

•         February 7, 2012: Deadline for nominees to return their content to elections@xxxxxxxxxxx

•         February 9, 2012: List of nominees published on www.eclipse.org*

•         February 13, 2012: Nominees' personal pages made available on www.eclipse.org*

•         February 27, 2012 Voting begins

•         March 16, 2012: Voting ends at 3pm Eastern time

•         March 26, 2012: New representatives announced at the Membership Meeting at EclipseCon

These positions are important! I can assure you that the elected directors on the Eclipse Board are a real asset to the governance of our community.

* These pages will be updated with content for the 2012 elections.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/org/elections/

[2] http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/directors.php

Mike Milinkovich

Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228