[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Scheduling done - please take a look ASAP

Hi PC,

I’ve finished scheduling the accepted talks. Most of this was done before the holidays, but I had a few more things to wrap up.  The process I followed is below in case you’re interested.

There isn’t a lot of time to make major changes, but I need each category lead to review the ordering of your talks to make sure I didn’t make any mistakes in order or speaker overlap (hit the swap button to see speakers). If you want to reorder anything, I need to hear before this coming Monday.  You can view (but not edit) the schedule here:

https://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/schedulingtool/

The username/pw is the same one you use for the submission system.

Doug

Tutorials

Group categories as much as possible, avoid speaker overlap, and use recommended ordering from category leads.

Longs/Shorts

Optimize for:

·         no speaker overlap

·         no category talk overlap

·         minimal repeat category parallelism (e.g. Eclipse and OSGi talks aren’t always in parallel)

·         even distribution of categories over the three days

·         specific talk ordering as recommended by category leads

·         panels in the theatre

I generated the breakdown in Excel for longs/shorts to figure out grouping.  Then I went to the online tool and dropped things into place.  I reordered based on my best guess at room size needs.  I also looked for speaker overlap and side-by-side speakers on shorts.  I may have missed something between long and shorts, although because I didn’t allow category overlap and I checked Philippe closely, I probably haven’t missed very many.

Back to the top