Re: [eclipse-dev] Can i run eclipse in the batch mode

I'm invoking eclipse mainly to view the errors /warnings that may come up during the build as it is very easy to navigate through the  errors/warnings
Typically, i should be able to build mulitple projects(by making use of the CDT make-target-option), and view the errors in the problems view.

Sarvex Jatasra <sarvex@xxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:
eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2005 12:17 PM
Please respond to "General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."

        cc:        (bcc: Roopa Mahishi/BTC/SC/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        Re: [eclipse-dev] Can i run eclipse in the batch mode

        Classification:

Roopa Mahishi wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use eclipse along with CDT plug-in in building the projects.
> I want to put in build commands in a batch file on different projects and
> submit it like a nightly build so that i can see
> the outputs the next day. If there are any errors, I should be able to see
> it in the Problems View of the eclipse IDE.
>
> Typically,my batch file would contain something like this :
> build project1
> build project2
> build project3

What has eclipse/CDT to do with it..... You need to compile/make your project,
why do you want to invoke eclipse, invoke __make__ programs directly.

Eclipse+CDT maintains the project makefiles, but they also invoke make to build
the projects....

Sarvex Jatasra
Software Engineer
Acme Technologies