[eclipse-dev] Testing on 2.6 kernels

All,

  Taking a look at the 3.0 project plan, there's no mention of
Linux distributions that are shipping with 2.6 kernels (ex,
SuSE 9.1).  I'm assuming that the probject plan list of reference
platforms up to date... this leads to a couple of questions:

  - Does this list reflect the only platforms that have seen any
    sort of formal testing effort?

  - Has there been any formal effort on the part of the Eclipse
    team to test 3.0 running on top of a 2.6 kernel?

  - Has there been any formal testing effort directed at:
    - SUSE 9.1
    - Red Hat 9
    - Fedora Core 3 (os is this impled by RHEL WS 3?)

  - Is there any recommended procedure for doing basic Eclipse
    testing on a new platform (is is enough to run the existing
    unit tests and validate pass/fail)?

  - If we were to perform basic Eclipse testing for a new platfrom
    (ex, those listed above), is there a proceedure for making
    this information available for others via the Eclipse site,
    e.g. as a verified but unsupported platform?

  Thanks,

-Samrobb

Back to the top