[eclipse-dev] Eclipse test infrastructure

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can give me some pointers with the Eclipse testing infrastructure.  I’ve managed to get the unit tests to run from the command line using runtests and I would like to use this same infrastructure to run my own unit tests.  I’ve put my plugin into the plugins directory (and I’m running using the noclean option) and I’ve updated the tests.xml to include a new task for my tests.  My plugin has it’s own test.xml which follows the format of the Eclipse ones.  When I run this from the command line, I get the following error:

[echo] Running com.altera.nj.launch.tests.Nios2LaunchConfigurationDelegateTest

[java] Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No ClassLoader found for testplugin: com.altera.nj.launch.tests

[java] Java Result: 2

This seems to be caused by the call to:

Platform.getPluginRegistry().getPluginDescriptor(pluginName)

Inside EclipseTestRunner returning null.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I need to do to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

James Langley
Senior Software Engineer
Altera European Technology Centre