[eclipse-dev] Installer for Windows version of Eclipse

Dear Eclipse developers,

AFAIK there is a zip-archive of the Windows version of Eclipse, but no installer (like a setup.exe) like it is usual for applications on the Windows platform. I think such installer could be really nice especially for Eclipse because Eclipse has so much options to install (JDT, Example Plugins etc.).

Is there a specific (philosphical?) reason why there is no Windows installer or is it just that there is no person that created one yet? If the latter is the case, maybe I should create an installer?

If I am right, there is no RPM version for Linux either? Should it be created as well?

Regards,
Henning

--
J. Henning Schwentner