[eclipse-dev] Problems starting the Eclipse SDK

    Hi all,

    I have recently downloaded the eclipse SDK file for Windows and
installed (decompressed) it in my computer (Windows 2000). I have j2sdk1.4.2
also installed.

    When I try to start the IDE, I get a message that says "Problems during
startup. Chack the ".log" file in the ".metadata" directory of your
workspace". The .log file contents are the following:

!SESSION -------------------------------------------------------------------
---
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 feb 27, 2004 12:37:21.100
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle
reference:file:c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.0.0/ was not
resolved
 at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.loadBasicBundles(EclipseStar
ter.java:234)
 at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:94)
 at
)
 at
.java:25)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:279)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:742)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:581)

    I have tried to define a personalized workspace and pointing the JVM in
the command line, as the FAQ suggests, but none seemed to make a difference.

	Any clues about the reasons for this problem?

	Thanks in advance!

Back to the top