Re: [ecf-dev] org.eclipse.ecf.example.clients & IllegalMonitorStateException

Thomas,

I've re-read your reply carefully.

I can only assume that it takes a mental state of a particular nature to not understand that when a discussion reaches a certain temperature considered ill suited or actually not relevant to the subject, subtle moderation is applied in the form of a request to tone it down and to take it off-line.

In jargon, an heated exchange of such a nature is considered a 'flame war'. For those observing the 'flame war', the moment it dies down is usually a cue to continue business as usual in a more serene manner. After all, temperaments are known to flare up, but no one really enjoys such moments and they always amount to nothing. Except perhaps by and for those with an anti-social inclination.

It is very uncommon, however, to observe a sudden re-ignition of a new flame war, on request of an individual who feels the previous one died down without sufficient explanation or closure. In psychiatric epistemology, this inability of an individual to perceive these cues is often associated with autism-spectrum disorder, an affliction which is known to prevail in the technology sector.

In addition, when said individual also suggests that there might be hidden authorities at play, or expresses fear of persecution, literature would point towards a paranoid delusional state.

Now, I'm not a doctor, but I invite you to read your rant again. Then read the exchange between Scott and me. Please take the hint, this time.

Thank you ;)
 Dann