Re: [technology-pmc] Re: [ecf-dev] Re: [tools-pmc] Newsreader project

Location of the project will make no difference wrt inclusion in Helios. You will have to convince the package maintainers to include it.

I expect that most of the package maintainers will baulk at including an incubating component. I recommend planning on a 1.0 release to coincide with Helios if you're serious about including it in the package. Then, you'll have convince the package maintainers that it's a valuable inclusion. Push for quality and usability (rather than adding a bunch of features). I recommend signing up for the cross-project mailing list and keeping up with that conversation. It couldn't hurt to monitor the planning-council mailing list as well (I think you can do that).

I know that Mik Kersten in the caretaker of the Eclipse IDE for Java package. He'd be a good guy to get in your corner.

Frankly, you should just forget about getting into the "classic" download. The "SDK" includes the bare minimum required for developing Eclipse applications and very little more.

Wayne