From: Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1/20/21 9:12 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: cn4j-alliance@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

Just to clarify.  You are stating that a future release of MicroProfile has no need to depend on a future version of MP Config?  I assume the answer is yes, future MicroProfile releases will have some need to use new features coming in a future MP Config spec.  Moving MP Config to Jakarta now puts a blocker in front of MicroProfile releases while they wait for a Jakarta release that includes the new MP Config.  I would be surprised if that is acceptable.

Now Jakarta could decide to modularize and release an updated MP Config spec ahead of the full Jakarta release that includes it, unblocking the MicroProfile release.  But if that is possible then surely MicroProfile could do the same such that the future Jakarta release can depend on the new MP Config.

Tom