Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE

I agree with everything you state except need to move the MP config itself to Jakarta.  So far I don't understand why we have to move working groups to do this.  I read that there may be some circularity issue that would pose an issue for building the specifications?  Would not moving MP config to Jakarta also introduce a circularity issue for future MP releases that now need to consume the latest from Jakarta?

Tom

----- Original message -----
From: Emily Jiang <emijiang6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "cn4j-alliance" <cn4j-alliance-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Discussions on formation of a CN4J Alliance with the MicroProfile Working Group <cn4j-alliance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [cn4j-alliance] MP apis and "graduation" to Jakarta EE
Date: Tue, Jan 19, 2021 2:49 PM

I meant that they were originally planned to be done for Java EE 8, via the JCP. So there was nothing to transition ;)

It's a past statement. I don't think there is much value to discuss what might have been included in Java EE 8.

I disagree with forking and changing namespaces. It is unnecessary and causes unnecessary migration.

I also disagree with two configs existing in both Jakarta and MicroProfile. It is a recipe for confusion and disaster.

I think moving MP Config to Jakarta while retaining the same namespace is a better option.

Thanks
Emily

Yes, many and APIs were not intended to ever transition to the JCP.

I meant that they were originally planned to be done for Java EE 8, via the JCP. So there was nothing to transition ;)

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Thanks
Emily