Re: [atf-dev] Application doesn't find the Xulrunner instance

The SWT code requires the system parameter org.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath to be set to the location of XULRunner. ATF sets the parameter when it launches the embedded Xulrunner browser. If you are writing you own SWT application, then you will need to set the property to the location where XULRunner resides before running you application. The other thing that may work is to cause ATF to launch the XULRunner browser once which should set the property. This would have to be done each time eclipse is restarted.

    Thanks
      Bob

Robert Goodman
goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx

Marcus Better <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/03/2007 09:38 AM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[atf-dev] Application doesn't find the Xulrunner instance

Hi,

my SWT app fails to locate the Xulrunner when trying to use the Mozilla
browser widget. What am I missing? I get this exception:

Exception in thread "Thread-1" org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
[Could not detect registered XULRunner to use]
       at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3589)
       at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Mozilla.java:280)
       at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:109)

I have ATF 0.2.3.v200709141050 on Linux x86. The app is a stand-alone
workbench application, and the run configuration includes the
org.mozilla.xulrunner and org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.core plugins.

Regards,

Marcus