Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc Project Initial Contribution IP Clearance

Sharon,

This is indeed great news!

I'm aware that the initial contribution can now be imported and I'm in the process of planning that next step. However, there are still some challenges and questions to address. I will elaborate them in a follow-up email early next week. (This week I've been playing catch up after the holidays, as I'm sure many of us have been). Essentially, we need to consider how to keep a continuity from a user-facing perspective of the docs, where they are published throughout the transition, and how updates can be managed without introducing duplication of work or divergence. I'll go into more detail when I post my full response.

I also want to take this opportunity to announce that the docs can now be viewed on the new Asciidoctor docs site at https://docs.asciidoctor.org/asciidoc/latest/ (which includes a handful of updates documented in the CHANGELOG at https://github.com/asciidoctor/asciidoc-docs/blob/main/CHANGELOG.adoc). As stated on the start page of those docs, this is an interim location (and perhaps a mirror in the future) for these docs until the AsciiDoc Language Project is in a position to start publishing them itself.

Best Regards,

-Dan