From:        Mukul Gandhi <mukul.gandhi@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/17/2011 11:51 PM
Subject:        Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] comments about new API design in psychopath engine
Sent by:        wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jesper,
   Do you intend to *completely* eliminate dependency from Xerces in PsychoPath (i.e in future we won't use xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar in PsychoPath engine at all)?

If yes, how do you propose to implement for e.g XSSimpleType.validate(..)  {this is there in Xerces} for user defined (UD) simpleType's using constraining facets? This is required by (for e.g) the XPath 2.0 _expression_ "Expr castable as <UD simpleType>".

If for some (or significant) PsychoPath engine needs Xerces would still be needed, then why we must remodel XML Schema type system again (as proposed in your new API design) into PsychoPath engine?

For XML Schema 1.1 implementation, since Xerces would always be present in the context of PsychoPath XPath evaluation, I believe therefore that using Xerces for PsychoPath XPath 2.0 schema awareness (for XML Schema 1.1 needs) would just be fine.

I think, your intention to remove dependency from Xerces in Psychopath engine is creating divergence between XML Schema 1.1 needs and Eclipse XSL requirements.

Regards,

Mukul