Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] WS-I source code

Hi  Dave,
The class assertions are manually created files. The problem with the TAD is that it does not contain any formal information on how to implement these assertions. We do however leverage almost all of the information of the TAD, the ids, the entry type information, description, error message, the prerequisites (which determines the ordering of the execution of the assertions themselves) , etc. All of this information comes directly from the TAD and is not hard-wired into the implementation -- except of course the names of the class assertions.

The syntax and format of  the TAD is evolving within WS-I which will go along way in supporting generated assertions. For instance in the TAD for the Basic Security Profile, the context and descriptions are expressed as XPaths.

Let me know  if you are interested in actually generating  the WS-I report and whether you are testing wsdls only or messages with corresponding wsdls . It may not be so obvious on how to do that.  In eclipse, we morphed  a command line testing tool that generates a report  to 2 validators -- a message validator that is used in conjunction with the tcpip monitor; and a wsdl validator that extends the core wsdl validator.

Thanks.
David M. Lauzon

Back to the top