Re: [wtp-pmc] JSF Proposal

Arthur,
This sounds a very valuable addition to me and the proposal is in line with WTP scope.
It is definitively a good candidate for new component of JST
Christophe

On Jun 24, 2005, at 9:20 PM, Arthur Ryman wrote:

Oracle just published their proposal [1]. I had a productive telecon with Raghu and others.

The proposal looks good. I recommend that we support this, but as a new component of JST. It is like our current JSP component in scope. Also, we should focus on the building blocks first, i.e. source editing, models, wizards, refactoring. The visual JSF editor is a big ticket item.

We could probably include some basic JSF support in WTP 1.5 if we move the proposal along.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-jsf/index.html

 Arthur Ryman,
 Rational Desktop Tools Development

 phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077