[wtp-pmc] JSF Proposal

Oracle just published their proposal [1]. I had a productive telecon with Raghu and others.

The proposal looks good. I recommend that we support this, but as a new component of JST. It is like our current JSP component in scope. Also, we should focus on the building blocks first, i.e. source editing, models, wizards, refactoring. The visual JSF editor is a big ticket item.

We could probably include some basic JSF support in WTP 1.5 if we move the proposal along.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-jsf/index.html

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077