Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Xalan

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:
It is definitely the case that the Saxon plugin depends on the wst.xsl code, NOT the other way round. If you take a peek at the org.eclipse.wst.xsl.xalan plugin, you can see exactly how it would work for Saxon too.

The Xalan plugin is entirely self-contained - it does not even export any libraries. In fact, it doesn't even have an Activator class - its a pure resource-only plugin that simply contributes to extension points defined in wst.xsl.launching.

I'm pretty confident then that we can make an externally maintained plugin, should we so wish. But as David W rightly points out, we must ensure that it remains that way, particularly if we are looking to implement XSLT 2.0 and require a 2.0 processor!

Yep, and the best way to make sure it stays that way, would be to have Saxonica take the saxon plugin hosting responsibilities...As it stands right now, I would rather help see if we can get the Xalan folks to implement XSLT 2.0 support, even though I love saxon and think it is a supperior implementation of both XSLT 1.0 and 2.0.

Back to the top