Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Xalan

David Carver wrote:
David M Williams wrote:

If it's a very general pre-req, such as "the end user needs to add some XSL processor" and there are some Eclipse IP passed choices (such as Xalan) then we are probably ok, but I'm just noting this here to note the limitations, and that we'll need to re-read the rules closely and (still) submit the required IP information.
To implement an XSLT framework that is extensible, doesn't require the use of Saxon, as we can implement that framework with just Xalan support and XSLT 1.0 as the default distribution. With that said, we might consider developing the XSLT 2.0 for saxon as a seperate project that just acts as any other plugin. In this way, it's just a plugin that uses the framework and the framework doesn't depend on it.
The validator and source editing features will still support XSLT 2.0, and I guess we could supply an external launcher which just spawns a process using an externally supplied Saxon (wouldn't do debugging, just transforms)

-Jesper
___

Back to the top