Re: [wtp-dev] cannot download old eclipse releases

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 6:37 PM Nick Boldt <nboldt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Java 1.4 went EOL in February 2013.

Tools that used to support it (like an 8 year old version of WTP) are also therefore EOL.

Ok.

I was doing this activity, for Apache XercesJ XML Schema 1.1 project, that uses Eclipse XPath 2.0 processor from Eclipse WTP (from a branch, that supports min JDK 1.4). XercesJ XML Schema 1.1 project supports min JDK 1.4, hence it needs a min Java 1.4 based XPath 2.0 processor. I personally, would wish that XercesJ should support something like min JDK 1.8.

I'd suggest opening an Eclipse Bugzilla if you need something from the webmasters or the WTP PMC.

Definitely.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi