Re: [wtp-dev] WG: Trying to checkout and build wtp

Leif,

This is probably known by only the eclipse/wtp releng engineers bu this is how the different types of builds work:

The build process always downloads the latest (from HEAD) of the releng for all types of builds. This is the default case. The details are as follows:

-) N-Build - For an N-Build checkout the latest releng module (HEAD). The N-Build loads all features/plugins from the HEAD as defined in the assembly components according to the latest maps under the releng. The build scripts ignore the version labels in the map file for an N-Build. It uses HEAD as the label instead. This is how the eclipse.releng works. N-Builds are never labeled in CVS. The rule is do not label anything that you do not want to support. Sometime ago we decided that we will only label Integration, Milestone and Release builds, not Nightly builds. Therefore an N-Build is very hard to repeat after.

-) I (M/S)-Build - For a new I-Build checkout the latest releng module (HEAD). The I-Build loads all features/plugins as defined in the assembly components according to the to the version labels in the maps under the releng. The build scripts USE the version labels in the map file for an I-Build. After the build, releng module is Labeled in CVS. Therefore an I (M/S)-Build is repeatable.

-) To repeat an I (M/S)-Build - To repeat an existing I-Build checkout the releng module with the version label. The repeat I-Build loads all features/plugins as defined in the assembly components according to the version labels in the maps under the releng. The build scripts USE the version labels in the map file for an I-Build. After the build, releng module is Labeled in CVS..

Hope this helps

sounds reasonable.

Could you, however, confirm that the N-builds use the map files too (not
just HEAD)? This is what it seems to me. I built with the Build Process
(checked out wtp.releng) today, and it succeeded, but it seemed to me still

If so, I would urge that someone changes the misleading info on the wtp
webpages.

Ciao,
Leif

Regards

At 12:26 PM 12/2/2004, Jochen Krause wrote:
>Ozgur,
>
>Naci mentioned that you are the new build master, so I forward this message
>to you.
>
>Jochen
>
>P.S: I will change the website with regard to the build master as soon as I
>get committer rights for it.

Naci Dai,
Managing Director

eteration a.s.