[winery-dev] Libraries in projects: separate maven repositories?

Dear mentors,

I'm currently checking how it works with libraries and Eclipse. In
some libraries, only a "subset" is approved by Eclipse legal. How do I
deal with that? I saw that Eclipse lyo uses a separate git repository
to version its approved dependencies:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.dependencies.git/tree/oslc4j/1.0

I would have assumed that one has to use a certain maven repository.
Instead, the projects seem to use the default repositories. In the
case of lyo, the pom at
http://git.eclipse.org/c/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.server.git/tree/org.eclipse.lyo.samples.excel/pom.xml
points to lyo-releases and to the jena repository.

Is that right? May I assume that each contributor has to check whether
the used library is only a subset and if yes, which class he may use
without an additional IP check?

Cheers,

Oliver

BTW: Thank you for your past prompt answers. They all were helpful :)

Back to the top