Re: [udig-users] North-south street labels not displaying

I have not heard of a problem of this nature, dare I ask if you can try uDig 1.4.0 ? I expect the road label would try and draw at the centroid of the road, I wonder if they are always ending up colliding with the east-west roads?

There are a number of vendor options for labels, including asking them to follow the roads, perhaps you will have more luck with a different approach?

Here is the GeoServer reference page on labelling, we use the same rendering engine:
- http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/styling/sld-cookbook/lines.html

You can follow these "sld cookbook" examples using the advanced page of the style editor.

--
Jody Garnett