Re: [udig-devel] Single Band Raster Styling

I have made some further updates and pushed these changes to my github branch. Everything except the quantile function (see below) should work.

What do you think of me adding these predefined colortables to the Color
Palette drop down list?  (see attached image).

That would be indeed cool. So, in case you select those palettes, they
would be set with coded values, right?

Yes.

- case two could be better solved with the "quantile function" as
classification function, as already used in the vector styler

Yes I wanted to add this but I can't reuse the vector styler quantile
function as it works on features (not doubles) and I didn't have the time to
re-implement it for rasters.  I will try to get this incorporated.

ok, I didn't check on the feature quantile.

I added Qunatiles, but I don't think it's working correctly. I think my computations are off as for my raster if I ask for 10 bins the first 9 of them are 0. Not so useful.

I am not sure if this is something you have time/interest to work on
and I am not asking that, you already did a great job here. You asked
for comments and here they came :) I only would like to leave the old
styler active (maybe with the name changed to "legacy" or something
that would use it a second choice) until we do not have such
functionalities, that is all.

About renaming:
- feel free to change the name of the old styler to "Legacy Single
Banded Raster Styler"

If I incorporate the above two points do we still need to keep this?

Nope, if you incorporate the above, my single band styler can be send
happily to retirement.

I have incorporated my new raster styler into the existing net.refractions.udig.style.sld plugin & removed my plugin. I will let you retire your plugin when we are ready to incorporate this into the main application.

- what about changing also the name of the "Simple Raster" editor?
Apart of the fact that I never used it in my life, but it looks like
something that would work only for imagery. Could we switch it off for
single band rasters and enable it only in the multi case? And maybe
change the name to "Imagery"?

The name change sounds good.  I was also interested in only having it
available for 3+ band rasters but I could not figure out how to do this?  Do
you have any ideas?

To be honest I do not. I assume the extention point would have to be
changed? But I am not sure it is worth the hassle?

I updated the name, and changed the page so that it should only display the UI elements if the current layer is a 3+ band rasters. Otherwise it displays a message saying the styler is not valid for your layer. This was the easiest solution I could come up with.

One more question, did you wish to have this feature in the 1.4 release?

I don't know :) I suppose it would be nice, if I can get the quantile thing sorted out. I don't know what your 1.4 release plans are - do I have a deadline?

Emily

Thanks,
Andrea