Re: [tycho-user] Please test staged tycho
  • From: "Keppler Michael (ETAS/ESW-CI)" <Michael.Keppler@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 19:09:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass (sender ip is 139.15.153.200) smtp.rcpttodomain=eclipse.org smtp.mailfrom=etas.com; dmarc=pass (p=reject sp=none pct=100) action=none header.from=etas.com; dkim=none (message not signed); arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=S2xOo4dmj/90TUe8bPf2Ejolam7V6+4y7pcYh5rwjPY=; b=fwAZvN7wB27J+3SBBLJZKGVfrke50/pHyI1xZf/NE/qnGhQhSDya975mcb9D3l78kiM21SEPkMm5lWOqNWHnfY8P+EYbOAMwr4A3X+b8SDnIXltvl01p750LbxV/4467cGF2yIUGLAjNiyy4WTJ5nVOtlJFntJjYEN0+x5YmGtLDblcB3pt+uVHjP+DCHp5h6/QmTLxIvwvJI+lzJmmSmhq8oPV6VcJh1nLZQRWWZJYa27L2PI/ijAvdqANdNrWdsVo7K8rnxbUAS4ylsHPE8ump8n5/YoPh8+2hbCPAmST93qE+WhOtgq/KyyH+uw921e5fKIC9jp52wV7PRqonyw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=CCh/gG7FuEumhovBvcK9hjf3NF2BE9bqwiOKKWpTubg/6T8qDDZPak8K6/2bdW/UYNTE4riCauGUxyoOG6XayqBVHFdvGiF92d7jzayDc5gpUlR7WDG1qgpGl/GtWk1V3dfXCNAa1oznVM361Uw2QP+6/0HqkrSwgYCTuxk36zK8BNdNiVT0gu/6ENlkZMojSQPrA3yWUdfiJzOO4L3PGrSkZIysj0BrNt3kUgteNTnyaSB53eOri/1iSS3FtLHOze/C+LoZ4hobgqUCBArDD3vGWSgxLPUxvBl/M44PMxNCuBe8IPkgdeQiWFeMFdVUOeqWqNWwYlTRlloaDc8DqQ==

Sorry for the confusion that I caused. J

> I imagine they'll look much like this:

Right.

> my assumtion was that the new impl would treat these optionally

Also right.

I re-checked. It all works well for bundles in additional.bundle that are from the _target_. In my case I have entries in additional.bundle from the target _and the workspace_ (e.g. com.mycompany.mwe). And the workspace bundle in there cannot be resolved, since it’s not in the aggregator.

So for everyone relying on MWE, Xtext.generator or similar Tycho 2.4 will work fine, AFAICS.

And for my use case I’ll probably just add the com.mycompany.mwe also to the aggregator, even though it will never be part of the product. I can afford the some seconds of additional build time and will use a custom checkstyle rule to make sure nobody accidentally depends on that project. J

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Michael Keppler

Engineering Application Software - Chapter CI/CD and Common Infrastructure Components

T +49 711 3423-2429
Michael.Keppler@xxxxxxxx

ETAS GmbH, ETAS/ESW-CI
Borsigstraße 24, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
www.etas.com

ETAS – Driving Embedded Excellence

Managing Directors: Christoph Hartung, Günter Gromeier, Götz Nigge
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Walter Schirm
Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 19033