Re: [tycho-user] can tycho be configured that the target that is configured in the pom is always used above the local repo?

> i know, but i do need it if i want to build first 1 git repo (that has
> not a p2 by itself, just plugins)

Can't you contribute such an artifact to te projects missing an updatesite?

> i like to build everything in dependently
Well but as you described your builds are not independent, that is the root-of-the-problem here.

From my point of view tychos option 'localArtifacts=ignore' should becoem the new default in Tycho 2.0 as the current default is really bad. Relying on localy build artifacts (from whatever reason), treatens the stability of the build and could lead to various obsuce errors happening.

> Also if you do that with jenkins that would mean that locally the
> build would be again totally different

It all depends... if you mean by "build" starting Eclipse and run from there the build is always different from a mvn commandline call. If you use commandline you can build as if are on the Jenkins.

> So many git repo's don't really have a p2 site as output,
> but just a jar.. (plugin)
You can even build a p2 update-site from plain jars, see [1] for an example.

In summary, I think there is nothing Tycho can do OOTB for such a scattered build. As mentioned before I have managed this in my last company by using a combination of multi-checkout Jenkins file (that supports branching of single repositories) together with a specific maven settings and a combined update-site for development from eclipse. That worked quite well, but also has its drawbacks (e.g. the deplay between check-in and propagation to the update-site to other developers).

[1] https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jpa/tree/master/p2

Back to the top