Re: [tycho-user] What are baseline repositories good for?

Ok it's getting warmer, but one piece is missing :)

I always assumed that when I tell p2 to install an IU, it only looks if it already has an IU with that name and version, and if it has, it doesn't install it again, no matter if the two IUs are apples vs oranges. But I figure that's wrong. p2 will use the checksums in artifacts.xml too:

<property name="download.md5" value="7c7989ad2057ebe1f81191030b384033"/>
<property name="download.checksum.md5" value="7c7989ad2057ebe1f81191030b384033"/>
<property name="download.checksum.sha-256" value="39b2d263928db270a35b5b3e42d3636458444a31070a84b2c6541b002e6941c6"/>

And if a checksum is different, because a byte was flipped by a compiler flag, or earth radiation, it will redownload the file. We want to avoid that, so we replace it by using the comparator to produce the same checksum and save bandwith. Got it?

Felix