Re: [tycho-user] What are baseline repositories good for?

Hi all,
Hi Ed,

Tycho has everything in place to 1. Prevent production of new
artifacts when there is no payload change in the current module/bundle
source (saving QE effort and servers bandwidth on updates) and 2.
Guaranteeing versions evolve mostly forward compared to previous
release, forbidding the nasty qualifier only changes. Couple this with
automation of API Tools at build tile, then you get a build reliably
producing as few nnew artofacts as possible, reusing as much as
possible, preventing from bad version stagnation or regression and
enforcinfmg semantic versioning.

Many serious Eclipse.org projects (incl. Platform) do successfully use
those as qualitu gates.

Anything that's not successful for you here is either a configuration
issue on your end, or a bug in Tychi, which should at least be
reported.

Cheers