Re: [tycho-user] Shared target platform for multiple projects

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 2:28 PM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For that reason in a setup of mine I use an "option c":
 From the original targetplatform is an updatesite created that inlcudes
all features of interest and this is then deployed on a central server.
Other projects simply reference this (single) update-site in their
targets,

Ok, that sounds good too.

this has also the advantage that projects can add  other
updatesites if they want without the need to add them to the "global
default" one.

That's why we use https://github.com/eclipse-cbi/targetplatform-dsl to modularize the target platforms. Not that I like it so much.. I also once tried to convince peoples to generate .target files from modular oomph targlets but noone wanted to jump on the train :_(

In your subprojects you then can even go without any target-platform at
all and add the updatesite as a repository directly in the pom.xml

Right.

Thank you Christoph,
Felix

--