Re: [tycho-user] Shared target platform for multiple projects

Do you encounter any problem with option a? If not just go for it :-)

Just keep in mind that target artifacts a little bit "special" as only the target file itself is deployed, so if later the repositories inside the target go away or change you will get (or not get in cas its gone) the artifacts as they where present at deploy time.

For that reason in a setup of mine I use an "option c":

From the original targetplatform is an updatesite created that inlcudes all features of interest and this is then deployed on a central server. Other projects simply reference this (single) update-site in their targets, this has also the advantage that projects can add other updatesites if they want without the need to add them to the "global default" one.

In your subprojects you then can even go without any target-platform at all and add the updatesite as a repository directly in the pom.xml