Re: [tycho-user] Build plugin and source-plugin from pre-built jar's and source folder

On 2017-09-07 20:46, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
Inspecting the setup it appears the Eclipse/PDE folks worked around the lack of support for configuring those roots-entries in Tycho by letting Tycho build the sources as part of the build but then not include the resulting class files in the bundle. Instead the pre-built jar is included, but since Tycho has seen and built the sources it'll generate the necessary Eclipse-BundleSource entry with the additional root
path.

So I'll try that route now as well (though the sources seem to not build out of the box).

That also did not work out and at this point this experiment has taken enough time. I have a solution (keeping jar and sources into the actual plugin thats going to make use of the code) for now.

I've zipped up my experiments and since they're a little over 2MB that way uploaded them here:

https://send.firefox.com/download/d7da848e54/#55evHqFymD3yY0tGbRUQAw

In case anybody wants to have a look and point out my mistakes. This is the last version where I attempted to follow the example of org.eclipse.pde.core.

Andreas

--
Andreas Pakulat squish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
froglogic GmbH - Automated UI and Web Testing

Back to the top