Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [tycho-user] "but it could not be found"

The commandline build does not seem to work.  Getting errors about not being able to resolve the target platform.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve target platform specification artifact software.a:softwa
re.a.releng:target:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve target platform specificati
on artifact software.a:software.a.releng:target:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT

On 4/28/2016 1:23 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:
Did you rename a feature from software.a.b.feature to software.a.b
(removing the .feature suffix in its ID) ?

If so that could be the problem - There's a difference between a
.feature (with or without the .feature in its name) and the that contains it.

You can browse an update site to see the p2 metadata associated with
each entity using the p2 browser [1]. If you Add a URL to browse, you
can the filter that site looking for feature jars or feature.groups.


You might also want to try doing a commandline build of first the
feature project, then the site project...

cd C:\orthogroupgit\sites\software.a.b
mvn clean install
cd C:\orthogroupgit\sites\
mvn clean install

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 1:12 PM, paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Windows 7


Maven 3.3.9

git 4.1.1
tycho 0.24.0

I get an error while doing a build.  The problem is the
"" that the error is saying is missing does not
exist.  The group did exist at one time, but not anymore.  I have tried the

1) Searched for the string "software.a.b.feature" in eclipse with the file
search tool and got no hits.

2) Searched for the sting with an OS level tool and found two instances in
the p2content.xml file in the "target" directory of each project.  One was a
feature project the other a site project.  Since the "target" directory is a
derived artifact I deleted the whole "target" directory in both the feature
and site projects.

3) Closed both projects in Eclipse.  Then I closed Eclipse.  Then I opened
Eclipse with the "-clean" option.

4) Deleted the project in Eclipse, but not the OS file system.  Closed
Eclipse.  Opened Eclipse with the "-clean" option.  Import the two projects
from git back into the workspace.

The error....

[INFO] Resolving dependencies of MavenProject: @

[INFO] {osgi.os=win32,,
org.eclipse.update.install.features=true, osgi.arch=x86_64}

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:

[ERROR]   Software being installed:

[ERROR]   Missing requirement:
raw:0.0.1.'SNAPSHOT'/format(n[.n=0;[.n=0;[-S]]]):0.0.1-SNAPSHOT requires
' [0.0.1,0.0.2)' but it could not be found

tycho-user mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
this list, visit

“Consider, you who love money, the one who hanged himself for the sake of it. Shun the insatiate heart that could dare such a deed against the Teacher.” - Unknown

Back to the top