Re: [tycho-user] [Maven & Eclipse]

Am 06.01.2016 um 15:05 schrieb Mickael Istria:
On 01/06/2016 01:14 PM, Christelle BURGUERA wrote:

Hello,

Hi Christelle,

I’ve already maven projects :

-       One that builds an UpdateSite with my plugins

-       One that builds a Eclipse product (with my branding)

I would like to install the UpdateSite in the product.

I can do it only after because the plugins are built under Kepler and the product under Luna (with Maven it’s easy to have 2 differentes versions of Eclipse J)

I think it’ll be possible to use the p2 functionality ?

But how ?

Or if you have another idea ?

If you want to add p2 repository to your product, you'll have to tweak a p2.inf: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Adding_Self-Update_to_an_RCP_Application#Configuring_the_user.27s_default_repositories
If by install you mean "install contents", then from Tycho or p2 perspective, the "update-site" isn't something you can install nor depend on. It's more a packaging than an artifact. Maybe if you want to better factorize content of p2 repo and content of your product, you'd rather rely on a feature that would be in both your p2 repo and your product.

HTH,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Timo Lange
Software-Engineer
Research & Software Development

Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Batteriestraße 52
D-24939 Flensburg

Tel. : +49 461 4940-579
Fax  : +49 461 4940-217
Mail : lange@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web  : http://www.fsg-ship.de

FLENSBURGER SCHIFFBAU-GESELLSCHAFT mbH & Co. KG
Batteriestrasse 52, 24939 Flensburg

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Place of business : Flensburg
Managing Director / CEO : Ulf Bertheau
Handelregister / Commercial register : Amtsgericht Flensburg, HRA 3140
Steuer Nr. / Tax number: 1528040009
USt.-Id-Nr. / VAT no : DE 134633705
Amtsgericht / District court : Flensburg HRB 2036
FLENSBURGER SCHIFFBAU-GESELLSCHAFT mbH & Co. KG
Batteriestrasse 52, 24939 Flensburg

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Place of business : Flensburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Director : Ulf Bertheau
Handelregister / Commercial register : Amtsgericht Flensburg, HRA 3140
Steuer Nr. / Tax number: 1528040009
USt.-Id-Nr. / VAT no : DE 134633705
Amtsgericht / District court : Flensburg HRB 2036

The information contained in this email message may be privileged and
confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately by telephoning (+49-461-49400) and return this
message to the above address. Thank you.

Back to the top